Art Circulation is recruiting a Social Media & Community Officer for our launch of a new digital project << Les Constellations de la Danse >>.
<< Les Constellations de la Danse >> is a Canada Council for the Arts – funded Digital Strategy project. The project aims to engage and generate dialogues about contemporary dance between performance creators and the general public through social media channels (Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tiktok, etc.).
The Social Media & Community Officer will be responsible for the planning and the execution of social media campaigns for Art Circulation over a 12 month period.
About the Role
We are looking for a Social Media & Community specialist who has the ability to proactively grow and manage community relationships and curate content to encourage public participation on contemporary dance dialogues.
- Manage and oversee a key set of appropriate social media channels (eg. Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Tiktok).
- Setting a clear strategy to increase follower engagement and growth across these platforms.
- Develop and execute engagement strategies for a community interested in contemporary dance, amplifying the value and support for the art form and its creators.
- Publishing content and managing the community.
- Manage and work with volunteer and paid content providers to ensure a regular publication of interesting and relevant content.
- Maintain relationships with bloggers and social media influencers and keeping up to date of latest trends.
- Monitor, record, and evaluate all activities to ensure positive growth.
- Manage social media and marketing budget to optimize performance. Provide support and training to organisation staff who may not be familiar with social media engagement.
Requirements of the Position
We are interested in working with someone with mid-level experience and who is a self-starter and wishing to advance their skills of playing a lead role in strategy development for the organisation. e are looking for someone with the following qualities:
- Social media account management and marketing experience is required, including experience of working with and developing a marketing and communication plan;>
- Maintain a high level of initiative and responsibility for the nurturing and growth of the social media communities under your care; Ability to develop the right voice for each social media platform;
- Core understanding of social media metrics and tracking tools; Native or fluent level of French. Good command of English. Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), including presentation and public speaking skills.
- Interests in the dance sector;
- Great initiative, rigour, attention to detail and resourcefulness;
- Being present at shows and events;
- Budget management skills;
- Dynamic, creative personality, loving working in a collective environment;
- Some graphic design skills (knowledge of a graphic design programme such as Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite) is desired.
0.5 FTE, 12 month contractual position (travail ponctuel le soir et les fins de semaine) ;
12 month salary ranges from $52,000 to $62,000 pro rata (or $26,000 to $31,000 actual) based on experience.
Position starts immediately.
Please send your CV and letter of intent to email@example.com