Based on the sharing of resources, Art Circulation is an non-profit organization composed of contemporary dance companies :
Art Circulation is dedicated to developing awareness and appreciation of the works from choreographers associated with the companies forming and transforming this organization, and giving it its unique signature. Our philosophy is based on the sharing of knowledge and resources, in a multigenerational and collective perspective. We respect and uphold the personal and distinctively creative methods that fine-tune over time and effort. We conjointly choose to defend artistic visions that challenge dance and movement’s more traditional approaches.
Art Circulation builds bridges between the representation of a creator’s work and the interest of the cultural market’s representatives, as both are parts of the community that cherishes the dialogue surrounding the evolution of dance and movement.
Since its founding in 2007, Art Circulation has represented over 60 works from over 30 choreographers. We work closely with the artists to identify the correct positioning of their pieces – whether this be related to specific territories, venues or other affinity groups correspond better to their works. This way, Art Circulation works for the long term development of relationships that will benefit all of its constituents.
We also help bring together the different contributors who can draft offers of residency or co-productions.
- Planning and advice : helping companies to plan their development activities and advising them on how to expand their market and outreach
- Communication and promotion : spreading information on the activities of Art Circulation and its members and advising them on the production of promotional materials regarding market and outreach development
- Expansion of markets and contacts : developing and consolidating a network that will represent and help the members or the clients on diverse markets, for promotion purposes as well as business development opportunities such as coproductions, residencies, etc.
- Negotiation and signing of promotional agreements : negotiating and concluding deals in collaboration with the members regarding the promotion of their works and its planning, as well as the organisation of tours respecting the members’ schedule.
- Professional interaction between and with the members : facilitating and supporting dialogue with and between the members on different subjects related to promotion and market development.